Monday, August 29, 2011

Ragnarok Violet - Pet Monster Taming Tips / Guide

Please click on the title above^ and scroll down to the bottom of the page to post comments on this article.  Contributors will be acknowledged and their names will be displayed on the "Acknowledgments" page.  Thank you!



Pets in Ragnarok Violet are very significant to players not only because they pick the spoils of war for you and give bonuses to your characters — but more importantly, they keep you company during your adventures in this single-player RPG.  Imagine playing the game all by yourself.  If I didn't have my pets with me, I would have gone crazy!  Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaa!  Seriously, it would've been too boring and monotonous a game. /swt

Anyways, if you want to acquire a pet, please read the taming guide below.  If you want to check what each pet monster does for your character, please read the article Ragnarok Violet - Pet List / Guide / Database.


Other articles that you also might want to check...

For Cards, please go to Ragnarok Violet - Card List / Guide / Database.
For Monsters, please go to Ragnarok Violet - Monster List / Guide / Database.
For Pet Abilities, please go to Ragnarok Violet - Pet List / Guide / Database.
For Recipes, please go to Ragnarok Violet - Recipe List / Guide / Database
For Herbs & Gems, please go to Ragnarok Violet - Herbs & Gem Stones List / Guide / Database.
For Skills, please go to Ragnarok Violet - Skills List / Guide / Database.
For the Map of Rune Midgartz, please go to Ragnarok Violet - World Map.
To return to the Guides Index, please go to Ragnarok Violet Guides.


















HOW TO TAME A MONSTER

  1. Make sure that you have a slot available in the Pet Menu.
  2. Add your taming item in your quick slot for convenience.
  3. Open your pet menu and unaccompany your current pet.  Remember, "un-accompany" not "remove"!  (Honestly, I'm not quite sure if this is necessary but I do it anyways.  I never had any success in taming a monster with one of my pets hanging around.) I have confirmed that there is no need to unaccompany your current pet.  You can still be successful even when it's active.
  4. The most important part — SAVE!  This is the single-most effective way in taming successfully.  If you fail, reload the game!  And if you're really that cheap like me, you can use 1 taming item without limit. /gg
  5. After you've saved your game, you can now approach the monster that you want to tame and activate the taming item by pressing the appropriate quick slot.  A blue circle will appear in front of Clide.  It will turn red if the monster steps on it.
  6. Ensure that the monster steps on the "taming circle".  Ranged monsters are easier to tame since they do not need to move closer to your character in a fight.  The distance of the taming circle is fixed so taming a melee monster can be a pain.  HINT: Use obstacles to control the distance between you and the monster you want to tame.  Boxes, trees, stones and cliffs will be your best friends here.
  7. Once the monster is in the taming circle, press the attack button.  Wait for about one or two seconds to see if you succeed or not.  If you fail, you can always reload the game.



Tips for Hardcore Gamers

Every pet you tame is unique — even when it's of the same monster type!  To explain this more clearly, please compare the two Poring pets below.


Poring (No. 1)
HP Recovery
Increase (+6)
STR 6
VIT 9


Poring (No. 2)
HP Recovery
Increase (+6)
AGI 9
LUK 10



Take a look at each Poring's stat bonus.  They're different from each other.  Poring No.1 is more beneficial to a STR-VIT build while Poring No. 2 is good for a AGI-LUK build.  If  you have the patience to save-and-reload, you can repeat the process until you get the pet that you desire. /gg
(I tried doing this one whole day.  If you're really that lucky, you can get it in a few minutes.)



CONQUER THE RAGNA FREAK CHALLENGE !!!

Fellow Ragna Freaks!
I have a great idea!
Post in the comments section below your best pet and explain why you think so.  BE HONEST!
I will make another page Ragna Freak - Hall of Fame to showcase the best of the best! /no1


These are the good ones that I've found so far.


Farmiliar
HP Stolen
Per Hit (+6)
STR 9
LUK10

Panzer Goblin
Upgrade Item Drop
Increase (+6%)
AGI 9
LUK 9


IMHO: I am currently aiming to tame a CRAB with max bonuses on either STR/AGI/LUK.  So far, I have not been successful. /sob

5 comments:

  1. Blair, it is possible to get a pet with maxed out stats. I have a...

    Crab (boosts crit)
    AGI 10
    VIT 10

    It took me 3 days to tame it though. /gg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I got a Jakk with +10 on both INT & DEX... currently at Level 48 (Skill Level 5) /gg

    I tried taming it in 2 days. All the patience paid off! Weeeeeeeeeee! /heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you list the pets with their abilities? I think all monsters of the same type/race have the same ability. And you have listed 17 types of monsters, so I think that means there should be 17 options for bonuses/abilities of your pet (but maybe not, because as I think about it, I captured a Goblin and a Panzer Goblin and I don't think they were the same... But then again, I think I captured a familiar as well as a golden bat and they were the same... not sure if i did that though...Sorry for rambling and processing this in my comment). Well, I still like the idea of listing what I know for others, and for them to do the same.

    What I've found for the starting ability (which improves with time):

    Golem
    +2% increase to overall hp

    Familiar
    1% of hit is added to health (vampiric)

    Mushrom (Spore?-not sure what they're called)
    +10% monster spawn

    ____Zombie?___ (don't remember which monster does this, maybe Zombie)
    -10% monster spawn

    Poring
    +6 health gain

    Gargoyle
    (something to do with SP), probably like the health gain from a poring

    Panzer Goblin
    +__% of item drop

    Siroma
    Pet girl in shop said something about more items/gold...

    I'm only like level 31, so that's why they are mostly for the lower level monsters...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! That was long~ Hahaha. :D

    Bro, I have made a list of all the monsters on another post.
    http://ragna-freak.blogspot.com/2011/08/ragnarok-violet-pet-list-guide-database.html
    You can check the "Ragnarok Guides" tab for more information.

    I really appreciate the time that you took to write that long comment. Thanks! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Ha, I was surprised a site with so much depth did not have a page with pet skills/bonuses, but of course you do! I just didn't look hard enough! And yeah, I guess I did write quite a bit, :). I like detail and thoroughness myself, and clearly I came to the right spot! Thanks for all the hard work and effort you put in! It's much appreciated and enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete

Please post your comments and ideas. ^_~